4.03.2008

Fawah News

Well, our poor little Fawah didn't make it :( Yesterday afternoon, Jayson and I were looking at the cocoon, and were both thinking he died as a cocoon. We figured we'd give him 2 more days to hatch before we gave up. Well today between 10 am and 12 pm, our little Fawah hatched into a beautiful butterfly! His life was short lived however. He passed away. We're not sure if the jar got too hot, and he died from the heat, or if he got stuck in his waste and died, but either way, he's in heaven now with Jesus. Poor Audrey though. Right as I was looking at the jar, to inspect him, Audrey walked in and asked about her cocoon. She immediatley saw that he wasn't a cocoon anymore and got all excited and said, "mommy! Did he turn into a butterfly? Can i see?!" And i said, "oh Audrey, I think he died!" We were both so sad. Audrey cried and cried, and I almost cried because she was so heart broken. We told her though that we would look into getting her some more caterpillars so they can turn into butterflies. We found this one website, that for $30 plus shipping (OUCH), they send you 5 caterpillars, food, a butterfly net, and a dvd. That may be our only option. But you know, I was really excited when Audrey brought home her caterpillar from school, because I had never done this when I was a kid. Anyways, I'll post a picture of Fawah as a butterfly when my camera phone decides to stop giving me fits (since my camera is dead).

2 awesome comments:

Heather said...

I'm sorry. Poor little Fawah. When Tyler first saw that Audrey was doing this, he told me that his school did it when he was a kid, but that his never hatched. So I'm glad that Fawah at least got to turn into a butterfly - even if it was only for a short time.

GG said...

I am so sorry Audrey's Fawah died, but at least he is flying in Heavenly Father's kingdom now. I am also sorry to hear Ethan is having problems talking. I think Sandra didn't talk until she was 3 years old.