4.03.2008

Ethan

Well today ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) came over to evaluate Ethan. Ethan is 2 1/2 (29 months) and doesn't really talk. The extent of his vocabulary is dada/daddy, mama, uh-oh, no, peh (please), beh-beh (blanket), deh (cup) and thats about it. So anyways, after about 2 hours of evaluation, they determined that Ethan's cognitive skills are at an 18 month level and his language skills are at a 15 month level! So they'll come back in two weeks to start speech therapy and we'll also be seeing an ear doctor in Amarillo in a couple weeks. ECI will set that appointment up for us. Just wanted to let you all know.

5 awesome comments:

Heather said...

Didn't Brian not start talking until he was like four?

The Biglers said...

Mommy said he didn't start talking till he was 3.

Hilary said...

So, I guess I'm a li'l out of the "loop"...Is Ethan okay? Why doesn't he talk well?

And who is Brian?

Talk to me, Natalie! :)

Terina said...

That must be a nerve racking thing to go though. I'm glad you guys are looking at professionals for advice! That is so great! I hope that everything turns out ok!

Sandra said...

I'm so excited to come and take care of my Great Nieces and Nephew!